Breaking News

Sunday 24 May 2015

Memorial Day: Remember the Fallen

Remember the fallen.



As a current active duty member and veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan, I appreciate all of the thanks I've received during this Memorial day weekend. I am forever grateful that I have the support of so many great people. Friends, family, brothers and sisters in arms, and even strangers all lend and show their support for the military.

However, Memorial day is not about me. It is a day to remember those that have fallen in service of their country. The thousands of men and women that have given everything from the very beginning of our great country to the wars that have spilled their blood today; this is their holiday. Remember the fallen.

I am thankful, but I am still alive. I'm not in need of remembrance. I can walk down the street, I can spend time with my friends and family, I can enjoy the day. Memorial day isn't about me.

Memorial day isn't about hotdogs and hamburgers, it's not about three day weekends, and it's not about miniature vacations. It is about memorializing our fallen, our brothers and sisters, sons and daughter. Please don't let this dissuade you from enjoying your well deserved time off. I just ask that you take a moment and give respect to those that deserve it.

After reading this short statement, I ask one thing. Please take 60 seconds to remember our fallen Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors 60 seconds of the three days you're going to enjoy is all I ask for.

The Egyptians called fading away from memory the second death. I ask that you don't let our lost veterans die a second time.


Thank you.


James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Blogger Templates